• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 joe

joe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 02:05 PM

As some of you may know we got Marmaduke in January and were told he was 4and half to 5 years old.

We got him insured and then sent off the microchip paperwork to have it changed to our name, BUT when it came back it says he was implanted in 2003 :blink: Now i am no mathamatician but that kinda means he was implanted 2 years bofore his birthday :o

We done some detective work ;) and found the vets he was treated and rang them, they have indeed confirmed he was micro chipped and vaccinated etc in 2003 so that means he is actually nearly 7 :o

I would not say he looks 7 though and he certainly does not act it, bless him, we still love him to death, had to ring insurance up and confess though.

Jo

#2 Clareyb

Clareyb

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,066 posts

Posted 14 May 2010 - 09:13 PM

Oh thats terrible, so alot older than you were lead to believe. Mind you we rescued this little Cairn a few years ago and the rescue said she was about 4 years old, and I thought yeah 4 going on 14, but she was so lovely I had to have her, but when I took her to the vets he said she was ALOT older than 10. But loved her to bits, she died a year ago now and miss her dearly. It doesn't matter how old they are really does it, as long as you love them and they love you thats all that matters :D

Clare

#3 joe

joe

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,457 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 09:06 AM

:( think i must have put this post on too soon after the forum was back on,

My poor boy is not as young as he looks :unsure:

Jo

#4 Danes William and Annie

Danes William and Annie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,104 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 07:28 PM

Joe you know it makes no difference,to how much you love him, He is one lucky boy to have found you and Steve. :)

Regards
Dennis, Jacklin and Edward

#5 Dante

Dante

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,384 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:45 PM

agree with Dennis :) :).... i once had a shocker as weel with one of the fosteres, owner said she was 8, turned out to be only 6 s we traced her microchip... :) :)...

it doesnt matter,... its so hard to ge ttheir age, some young ones seem older and the other way around....

any nice photos??? :P

xxxx

B

#6 john h

john h

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,407 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 08:57 PM

7 year olds are the best. Having said that it may be that Jessica is now actually 8 (we think). With the rescue dogs you can never really know. Every time people ask how old your dog is you always say " Oh, about seven. Then one day you realise you've been saying that for years."

#7 buddy

buddy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 17 May 2010 - 10:38 PM

Must have been a bit of a shock, your dog aging two years in a few hours!
Still a chance of me been still 21 then???????

#8 Johni Patino

Johni Patino

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 30 November 2017 - 05:44 PM

Weird things can be covered.