29 replies to this topic

#1 Buster09

Buster09

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 04:21 PM

Hi
I am new to this forum and was just wondering whether there are any north east england meets to walk the Danes.
I am interested in meeting up with other great dane owners and i know others up here with danes who would be interested in meeting others too.
Thank you

#2 Boos Mummy

Boos Mummy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:41 PM

Hello!!! What are you calling North East England? It's a big area........I'm in Nottingham/Derbyshire border but willing to travel for a dane day out :-)

#3 Buster09

Buster09

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 06:52 PM

Im in gateshead near newcastle. Arranging a meet up here would be great. We have lovely beaches

#4 Kate Busby

Kate Busby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:44 PM

Hi,
I'm in S****horpe area and would love to meet up for a Dane play date.
Love Kate with Lucy

#5 Kate Busby

Kate Busby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 75 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 07:47 PM

I hate it when is sensors where I live lol. I live near Scun thorpe (without the space, just have to add that so it shows) *sigh*.

#6 buddy

buddy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 11 January 2011 - 08:20 PM

I was planning to arrange a meet up, im in Redcar (near middlesbrough), we have a lovely beach here,
trouble is our Horace is only allowed very short walks at the minute so dont want to put people out, and get a meetup arranged then have to go home after 15 mins!!
If something was arranged near enough though, we would love to come along.
where abouts are you and how old is your dane?

#7 Buster09

Buster09

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 12:22 PM

I was planning to arrange a meet up, im in Redcar (near middlesbrough), we have a lovely beach here,
trouble is our Horace is only allowed very short walks at the minute so dont want to put people out, and get a meetup arranged then have to go home after 15 mins!!

Hi, where in Gateshead, Tyne & Wear.
Gemma is 6years old & Trigger is 3 years old.

#8 mich1

mich1

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8 posts

Posted 12 January 2011 - 04:38 PM

Hello i have got a 6 month old great dane puupy and would be pleased to meet up with other owners for newcastle upon tyne for dog walks thanks michelle :)

#9 Boos Mummy

Boos Mummy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 96 posts

Posted 14 January 2011 - 03:00 PM

Well I'm happy to come up and visit, have friends that live up there so would be a great weekend away......as long as someone can suggest a dog friendly pub/motel to stay at!!! With the emphasis on friendly LOL

#10 tonyandlinda

tonyandlinda

Forum 'Champ'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 16 January 2011 - 10:45 AM

let us now when you are doing the walk on the beach and we will fetch jester :D

Posted Image

#11 nikfrizzby

nikfrizzby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 17 January 2011 - 09:28 PM

Hi from nik michelle joshua Ethan and blue we have a 4 month old dane boy and we keep looking for walks as he has had his fill of handbag dogs they seem to get stuck between his teeth lol hes a softie really we would love to tag along on a walk he is our first dane and we love him loads looking forward to going on a walk please keep us informed as to what you all dacide we are in mirfield west yorkshire thanks

#12 Buster09

Buster09

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 02:22 PM

Hi from nik michelle joshua Ethan and blue we have a 4 month old dane boy and we keep looking for walks as he has had his fill of handbag dogs they seem to get stuck between his teeth lol hes a softie really we would love to tag along on a walk he is our first dane and we love him loads looking forward to going on a walk please keep us informed as to what you all dacide we are in mirfield west yorkshire thanks

Hi & welcome from Graeme, Pam, Gemma & Trigger.
Our 2 danes are 6 & 3 respectively & daft as a brush but soft as clarts.
We live quite a distance from you in Tyne & Wear, we are going to South Shields beach on sunday with a lady with a dane pup but think it may be too far for you to travel.
If you would like to come you are more than welcome, just get in touch with me and i will give you directions.
My mobile number is 07833461369.
Regards Graeme.

#13 nikfrizzby

nikfrizzby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 07:40 PM

will check but its not that far its this side of newcastle it only takes an hour and a 50 give or take 10 min so we will hopefully be there is it just above marsden bay what time were you thinking of meeting up thanks for your reply nik michelle josh ethan and blue

#14 Buster09

Buster09

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:13 PM

will check but its not that far its this side of newcastle it only takes an hour and a 50 give or take 10 min so we will hopefully be there is it just above marsden bay what time were you thinking of meeting up thanks for your reply nik michelle josh ethan and blue

Hi, glad to hear you may come through on sunday.
Trow Rocks is the first road on the right if you pass Marsden headng toward south Shields, you will se a big sign for Mango's pub, folow that road down to the beach & you come to the car park.
If you have any problems gie me a ring, mobile is always on.

hope to hear from you, Graeme.

#15 Buster09

Buster09

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 18 January 2011 - 10:29 PM

Hi there, just to let you know that a couple of people are comming to South Shields Beach on sunday comming if you would like to come along.
Were meeting at Trow Rocks at 12, your more than welcome to come and see our mad danes lol.
If you need directions give me a call, my mobile number is 07833461369.

#16 nikfrizzby

nikfrizzby

• Members
  • Pip
  • 62 posts

Posted 19 January 2011 - 07:23 PM

we will be there ive taken your number down just incase so see you then :)

#17 Buster09

Buster09

• Members
  • Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 20 January 2011 - 02:36 PM

we will be there ive taken your number down just incase so see you then :)

Glad to hear you'r comming, will see you abt 12 on sunday.

#18 tonyandlinda

tonyandlinda

Forum 'Champ'

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,712 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 02:23 PM

Is there only me and jester up north :( :(
does any body fancy a walk on beach.....redcar or fraiserthorpe???

#19 kay

kay

• Members
  • Pip
  • 698 posts

Posted 22 February 2011 - 09:00 PM

Is there only me and jester up north :( :(
does any body fancy a walk on beach.....redcar or fraiserthorpe???

Hi Im from hartlepool i have oscar he's a dalmatian he's 11 years with arthritis so not good in the car to travel he gets plenty of walks round were i live, we also have a 2 year bichon frise who is full of mischeif not sure what he'd make of your big danes but sadly no dane to walk, Seaton Carew is 5 mins away thats a lovely beach have you been there ?

#20 minnie

minnie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 140 posts

Posted 23 February 2011 - 12:12 PM

Hi Nik and family,

I'm Karalynn and have 8 month old Minnie. We're based in Leeds and would be more than happy to meet up around Leeds or Mirfield. Apart from her litter mates Minnie hasn't come across another GD yet. It would be fab to have her play with someone her own size for once! Weekends are best so if you fancy a walk this weekend or sometime in the future let us know..