• Please log in to reply
20 replies to this topic

#1 lola bug

lola bug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:09 PM

Lola was lame at the beginning of the week and cutting a long story short, i found a hard lump,the size of a pea, on the bone of her front leg. I took her to the vets and they gave her rimadyl but her stomach didn't agree with it so she only had 2 doses. The vet said if the lump doesn't go down in 10 days she wants to xray it because of giant breeds and their bone problems.
Two days later she is fine, not lame at all but the lump has not gone down or got any bigger . I really don't think it will go down as it hard and bone like.
I am worried as the big C keeps coming to mind but i was wondering if it could be a calcium lump or something like that ,if she knocked her leg.
She has taken to throwing herself to the ground and not gently at all, when playing and I'm wondering if she could have knocked the bone and this would have caused the lump.
Has anyone experienced anything the same or has views :)

#2 sharon

sharon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,347 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:19 PM

Suzanne, have nothing to add to our past conversations but wanted to send more hugs to you and Miss Blonde. Wish the 10 days were over and we would have soe answers. Yoou know where I am

The blue boys send their blonde friend leans and slobbers xxx

#3 lola bug

lola bug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 03 July 2011 - 10:31 PM

Thanks Sharon :D I just thought i would post and see if anyone has had anything similar.As you know it is not going to go down its too hard.

#4 Chippychip

Chippychip

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,340 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:40 AM

Sorry Suzanne
Cant help with Lola's problem and can understand your concerns with the "C" word. Fingers crossed its nothing to worry about. Keep us informed xxx

#5 cheryldane

cheryldane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,893 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 10:06 AM

I hope the vet can set your mind at rest and all is well.

Where is the lump? is it definately on the bone? Is there a muscle under the skin in that place? I ask because Angel has a really big hard lump on her sternum it had me worried for ages but when we took a fine needle aspirate it was just fatty tissue, the reason it felt hard is because it was under the muscle giving it a hard feeling.

#6 lola bug

lola bug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 04:32 PM

No its attached to the bone im 99.9 % sure :( No movement ,doesn't bother her at all .

#7 buddy

buddy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 05:48 PM

I really have no idea but so hope its nothing serious,
Lola is far too beautiful to be poorly.
Thinking positive thoughts for you and sending lots of love.

#8 kimscot

kimscot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 06:18 PM

Phoenix has a hard pea sized lump on one of his ribs..Vet said nothing to worry about..
Sending hugs to you and Lola sweetie..
Kim xxx

#9 lola bug

lola bug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 04 July 2011 - 09:44 PM

Thank you everyone :D Feel like i want to bring the appointment forward as saturday is a long time for me to wait :(

#10 buddy

buddy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 03:23 PM

Hows Lola,
any news yet??

#11 Shirl

Shirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,339 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:00 PM

Anyone heard how Lola is doing?

#12 Danes William and Annie

Danes William and Annie

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,104 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 09:07 PM

Hope everything goes well, William had bone cancer but it didn't start the size of a pea it was a general expasion of the bone, so it is propbably just a calciun growth, does it feel hot to the touch? Please let us know when you thav he results.

Kin Regards
Dennis, Jacklin, Edward and Lily

#13 DeeDee

DeeDee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,735 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 10:19 PM

Missed this ...hope Lola is OK now
try not to worry sweetheart

DD & Millie xx

#14 evegreen

evegreen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,017 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:00 PM

I had a Dane called Bella that had a hard, bone-like lump just above her toes...took her to the vets and it turned out to be a calcium growth and eventually it just disappeared/was reabsorbed...gave her no problems, she didnt try to chew it, didnt hurt to maniuplate etc. I hope that turns out to be the case for you. Please keep us posted.

Eve & Wilbur

#15 lola bug

lola bug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:29 PM

Sorry everyone i ment to post earlier but had a very happy and busy day Posted Image
My vet has changed her mind , because Lola is in no pain, the lump is no bigger,her lymph glands are not up at all and the lump is not painful to touch, she does not want to xray it Posted Image.
She thinks it is more likely Lola has knocked it and as long as it gets no bigger ,hopefully in a few month it will go Posted Image Phew i have been so worried .
Thank you all for your concerns for Bug, I wish i had known about some of your experiences earlier this week Posted Image

#16 jilldane

jilldane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 930 posts

Posted 09 July 2011 - 11:54 PM

That is so good to here, Cleo sends her sister a big hug and a kiss and looks forward to another run through the fields when she is all better xxxxx

#17 lola bug

lola bug

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,195 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 07:46 AM

That is so good to here, Cleo sends her sister a big hug and a kiss and looks forward to another run through the fields when she is all better xxxxx

Thanks Jill ,lets try to make that walk sooner than later Posted Image xxxxx

#18 Olly

Olly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,106 posts

Posted 10 July 2011 - 04:19 PM

That's great news, you must be so relieved :D :D

#19 Hollywood318ti

Hollywood318ti

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 02 May 2016 - 09:40 PM

Hi- I know this topic is a little old but I wanted to say that the same thing has happened to my male. We were at the dog park one day and he turned up lame. Later I noticed a hard lump on his front right "wrist." Took him to the vet and she put him on rymidol to help with inflammation. After 2 weeks of meds the bump doesn't seem to bother him to touch anymore and he walks, runs, plays and jumps like nothing ever happened! I grew up around horses and if this was to happen it would be called a "popped splint" I tried googling it to see if it too can happen in large breed dogs, which lead me to this forum. Has your dogs bump gone away?

#20 Beachdane

Beachdane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,689 posts

Posted 12 October 2017 - 01:32 PM

Hi. It's been a while. I hope everyone is well. Penelope has a rather large hard lump on her front leg, the joint above her paw. It is not painful to the touch. I was gone for two weeks. My husband was home. Penelope was glad to see me, running around, but the next morning limped a bit and that's when I noticed the lump. She limped a couple of hours slightly, then has not limped since then though she might favor it a bit. She doesn't seem in pain, lets me examine the lump, push in it, poke it, hold it. It seems a bit warm. We have been giving her Volataren for 3 days and have Rimadyl to pick up at the airport for her, the vet here does not have X-ray and I'm in touch with the American vet who used to be here to get his opinion. Yesterday Penelope was on the beach, having a wonderful time. The Voltaren almost makes her frisky, this morning she seems to be laying down a bit more. Of course, I'm worried about Bone cancer as I read Danes are more prone to it. I was glad to read of a few cases above where it was not Bone cancer.