• Please log in to reply
22 replies to this topic

#21 Digbysmum

Digbysmum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 540 posts

Posted 21 May 2012 - 02:54 PM

When I first had Digby Dane I used to buy fancy collars from Funny Farm Boutique for him and they cost about £20 each but after 6 - 8 months of constant wear they look tatty and after Roxy and Dig had a couple of play fighting games they were completely wrecked. As all my present Danes enjoy swimming so I have gone to 'Buster Gear' nylon martingale collars with 'glo-in-the-dark' stripes and they are about £10 - £12 each and hard wearing - (unless Rox chews through Quince's collar.lol) I bought these from Big Dog world for Quince's larger thicker one and Pets Direct for the girls narrower ones.

I find the nylon collars are more practical for swimmming / water loving Danes as they do not rub, dry out quickly and are strong.

Love to all Ang and the gang.xxx

#22 Bigblackdog

Bigblackdog

• Members
  • Pip
  • 617 posts

Posted 31 May 2012 - 02:50 PM

I'd like to add my appreciation of the boomerjacks collars.

Ordered the Jubilee collar and it came today, wrapped up in pretty gauzey cloth with a bow round.

The fabric is lovely and there was a lead with it which I didn't notice when I ordered coz the price was great.

Will do great for Jubilee and Olympics (jubilympics)

Jo x

#23 Weesa

Weesa

• Members
  • Pip
  • 20 posts

Posted 29 July 2017 - 07:29 AM

Looking for good collars for my Danes I ordered two. First time my Dane wore it the ribbon shredded. Not fit for purpose. Really annoyed. These collars are show collars, not for every day use. That should be made clear. Who can afford a collar that in the first half hour is shredded?? The woman says that it was from my dog scratching - if they are that fragile then they should come with a warning.

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Collars, Martingale, Martingale collars, Dog Collar