• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

#1 kristal

kristal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 01:58 PM

Frankie is a nightmare with the hoover, as soon as he sees it he barks at it, jumps at it and snaps at it especially if I am using just the hose with the nozzle on.
I have tried the calm bribery approach, the firm NO approach and in desperation the shouting approach ...... all failed miserably.

Today I had a eureka moment and it worked like a dream.
I started hoovering and he started barking and snapping so I just stood upright (left the hoover running) with my hands on my hips and stared straight past him not saying a word until he calmed down and then I walked slowly towards him until he backed away. As soon as I went back to the hoover he kicked off again so I repeated the process ....... it took just 3 attempts and he gave up and went into the other room.

I can now hoover in peace, wish I had thought of this ages ago :)

#2 buddy

buddy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:31 PM

ha ha well done. :D
I bet you have to repeat the whole process next time but at least it works.
think this is what the ceezar millan blokey calls claiming your space.
Jester can literally be hoovered- he doesnt flinch at all, but neither does he get up so i have to hoover around him! Unless i move him.
Horace is not so brave- he is off like a shot upstairs.

#3 brindlegirl

brindlegirl

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,291 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 02:36 PM

Had the same problem with Pie as a pup, used to drive me mad.

I kept a special toy for hoovering days. As soonb as the hoover came out, he got the special toy.
He was so thrilled at getting something different to play with he ignored the hoover.
When the hoover was finished with and put away - so was the toy.

Worked a treat, he doesnt need the toy now, infact I have a problem getting him to move so I can hoover.

#4 kilnacloy

kilnacloy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 729 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 03:00 PM

My lot aren't fond of the hoover. :lol: :lol:

Posted Image

#5 drools

drools

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 05:33 PM

As soon as Amy sees the hoover coming out she is battering the back door to get out <_< Whereas Sasha will only move when you touch her with the hoover. My old Rough Collie wouldn't let me vacuum until I had vacuumed him first :D

Luckily for them I don't vacuum as often as I would like.

Carol

#6 sooty

sooty

• Members
  • Pip
  • 843 posts

Posted 30 September 2012 - 10:02 PM

Sooty exits the room when see the hoover
Sweep doesnt bother she just sits there on the settee
Toto will move if you get to near
Plato the pup never bothered However, he watches Sooty like a hawk and has started bolting out the room with him
Our worst problem though is Toto---The little Boooga Attacks the the wheely bins when ever they are moved
We dont know why hes allways done it :rolleyes: :huh:

Carol x

#7 Zoe A Daly

Zoe A Daly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 628 posts

Posted 01 October 2012 - 08:34 PM

Frieda flees as soon as the Hoover comes out the cupboard and Vinnie doesn't move. He loves to be hoovered by the attachment for the stars (a small rolling brush thingy on end of pipe).

#8 maggie123was1234

maggie123was1234

• Members
  • Pip
  • 363 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 02:21 PM

ha ha Jet used to leave as soon as he heard the cupboard door open :D but Storm thinks it's play time and rolls about in the wire while i'm trying to hoover :wub: takes ages to do one room cos i have to keep untangling him lol

#9 marianao

marianao

• Members
  • Pip
  • 810 posts

Posted 02 October 2012 - 04:03 PM

Xana runs for cover :lol: