• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 Sukaso

Sukaso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 324 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 07:51 PM

I have spent a lot of time working with Cosmo on basic obedience, socialization and the like. He is just about 5 months old now and has been doing brilliantly so far. Famous last words probably but what the hell.
Here are a couple of brief videos of him today working on the recall from a sit-stay and on the move. I am a proud mum - he did so well

Suzy xxx

Posted Image

#2 Sweetsaffron

Sweetsaffron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,957 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:18 PM

What a very good boy x

#3 DeeDee

DeeDee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,738 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 08:37 PM

Well done Cosmo and you are doing a great job with him
Beautiful Cosmo

DD & Millie x

#4 maggie123was1234

maggie123was1234

• Members
  • Pip
  • 363 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:01 PM

OMG he is blooming brilliant :wub: makes Storm look like some wild nutter i've found wandering in the woods :ph34r: thats it Storm will listen to me if it kills me :lol:
Maggie x

#5 buddy

buddy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:29 PM

He is very clever and such a striking boy-
good job i wasnt about on that long recall- i might have needed to jump in and steal him, i can run real fast you know! :rolleyes:
on second thoughts i might need Horace and Jester to help me- he looks a bit of a chunk. :D

#6 Beachdane

Beachdane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:36 PM

So a question here. You are using a whistle for recall? You know, I am on this remote island in Panama---no dog classes here. I definitely need a whistle. Is that a certain kind of a whistle?

#7 Sukaso

Sukaso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 324 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:52 PM

Thank everyone for the lovely replies! He really is a clever boy and really giving his all when we train BUT....i know things can, and surely will soon change haha. Just thought I lay the basic before the teen kicks in.
Judy, yes, he is trained to the whistle - we use gun dog whistles for all of ours and have tested the best pitch for each before starting off. Cosmo and Wallace are on a 211.5 and Bismarck, Skylos and Nero the Chi are on a 210. I am sure you can use other whistles too - whatever they respond best to really.

Suzy xx

#8 kimscot

kimscot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 09:55 PM

Clever, clever boy and sooooo handsome......
Kim x

#9 Sukaso

Sukaso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 324 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:02 PM

Thanks Kim! :wub: Pretty boy is lying next to me now snoring like an old man! :lol:

Suzy xxx

#10 Beachdane

Beachdane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:18 PM

Thank everyone for the lovely replies! He really is a clever boy and really giving his all when we train BUT....i know things can, and surely will soon change haha. Just thought I lay the basic before the teen kicks in.
Judy, yes, he is trained to the whistle - we use gun dog whistles for all of ours and have tested the best pitch for each before starting off. Cosmo and Wallace are on a 211.5 and Bismarck, Skylos and Nero the Chi are on a 210. I am sure you can use other whistles too - whatever they respond best to really.

Suzy xx

Thanks! very useful information and I will be on Amazon or whatever site has those tonight!

#11 Beachdane

Beachdane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:25 PM

interesting fact .

I typed in gun whistle 211.5 and Amazon and the UK site pulled up. I finally got to Amazon US ( where our PO Box that ships to us here in Panama is) and it listed the whistle as made in England. It sells for about $12 dollars
ACME 211.5 DOG TRAINING WHISTLE - IDEAL FOR GUN DOGS

Such a fun video to watch!

#12 Sukaso

Sukaso

• Members
  • Pip
  • 324 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 10:59 PM

That's the one Judy!

#13 Beachdane

Beachdane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 02 December 2012 - 11:19 PM

That's the one Judy!

Thanks, I learn something everyday on here!

#14 marianao

marianao

• Members
  • Pip
  • 810 posts

Posted 03 December 2012 - 07:21 AM

What a good boy!! he is so stunning too. He really looks like he is enjoying his training as well I am sure that makes all the difference.
Thanks for sharing the video.