21 replies to this topic

#21 Julieta

Julieta

• Members
  • Pip
  • 134 posts

Posted 24 February 2010 - 09:01 AM

Hi Beverly,

Donīt worry about the name. I hadn't given my name on this site yet. By the way my name is Ruben.

I guess from your note, that you are a more experienced dog owner than I am. So I think it would be better to get advice from someone more experienced than me.
There are very experienced members in this forum so I expect you will get advice soon.

#22 Vouge

Vouge

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 20 March 2012 - 10:57 AM

Hey,

Something interesting that I saw with my Shiva. I have been doing the toilet training since I got her and now she sleeps through the night without waking me up even once during the night. So that's a plus, but I still don't know if she will take the initiative to go outside on her own as I'm leaving the doors open so she can come and go as she pleases. Another thing that I think got her into sleeping through the night is maybe 'cause she is a spoilt brat and sleeps on my bed.

In our case with the food, when I got her she was already on dry food, so I just took over with that. Now everyone knows that with a dog they just love to get into the cat food and all other foods that's not theirs. Now since I got her, with every meal I put in a little bit of Vanilla Essence, just enough so I can smell it. For the past few weeks she hasn't touched the cat food and even barked at the cats when they eat. And I know why. She's asking why can't I eat that food but boss lady does nothing to you when you eat it. LOL..... I laughed at that after I thought about it.

Last but not least, in regards with walking with her. I made a golden rule even to my son, when we go for a walk we put her collar on. When we are home we take the collar off. For the stupid reason that she must be able to distinguish when the time is to go out the yard and when not.

Ok Ok ..... I think there was a brag in there aswel. But this is the only big dog so far that I want in the house and not sleeping outside.

Hehe. :P Landi