• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

#1 Tess31

Tess31

• Members
  • Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:22 PM

Im sure you all remember Me getting Zeus , Well I sent him packing to what i thought was his "forever home" as the lady said she would be keeping him ... Well to put it polightly Im ANGRY , The woman (no doubt is on here or looks at this page) Is now having him up for adoption/fostering even tho i said i`d have him back IF she ever wanted to get rid Of him . He is now On Wild Acre Rescue In Old hill ... The page / picture / ladies name and number is on facebook page , someone PLEASE snap him up she doesnt say that this dog has the biggest heart , After the most cruelest start In life HAPPY NEW YEAR TO YOU ALL x

#2 Tess31

Tess31

• Members
  • Pip
  • 232 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 02:25 PM

http://www.facebook....k=photos_stream

#3 kimscot

kimscot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:03 PM

He looks so thin...
Forgive me if I'm wrong but I thought you were his forever home..
And if you were willing to take him back why can't you go get him..
Kim

#4 Guest_Barbara Sutton_*

Guest_Barbara Sutton_*
  • GUESTS

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:21 PM

Sounds as if this poor boy is being moved from pillar to post. Let's hope he finally gets the home he deserves :( :(

#5 lisa-t

lisa-t

• Members
  • Pip
  • 821 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:41 PM

Dont quite understand whats happened here. Why did you need to send Zeus "packing" Tess?

I feel for the poor lad as he deserves to have a stable forever home, and for such a young boy to have been passed around so much is saddening.

I can understand why you are angry at the lady trying to re-home him again without contacting you first, but as Kim said I would advise you to go get him and at the very least pass him to Daneline etc to be found an experienced home.

Fingers crossed Zeus will have a fabulous new year in a FOREVER home xx

#6 DeeDee

DeeDee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:47 PM

What do you me you sent him packing poor boy
What did he do to deserve that ?
Now stuck in another Rescue so unfair :(
Happy New year not for poor Zeus I might add

Dd & Millie

#7 kristal

kristal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,644 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:53 PM

I can understand why you are angry at the lady trying to re-home him again without contacting you first, but as Kim said I would advise you to go get him and at the very least pass him to Daneline etc to be found an experienced home.

Fingers crossed Zeus will have a fabulous new year in a FOREVER home xx

I totally agree.
It sounds as if he had some issues when you first took him on and going through so many homes at such a young age is going to unsettle him even more....... unless he gets into an experienced home soon he may well end up with problems that can't be cured.
He needs to go to an experienced home (or rescue) where he can be fully assessed and trained before it is too late.

#8 dellybear

dellybear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 04:56 PM

Like Lisa, I dont understand why he was sent packing? He looks very thin poor boy and so hope he gets that FOREVER home he deserves very soon

Michele

#9 DeeDee

DeeDee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,745 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:00 PM

THIS IS WHAT I READ UNDER ZEUS PICTURE ON FACEBOOK HIS IN A FOSTER HOME

This dog is not in the care of our charity, or the responsibility of the charity, but is included on our website to help the person looking to find a new home for him.

She says..............

Zeus is a black Great Dane about 18 months old.

He is very playful, loves to travel in a car.

This lad has been pased around like a parcel and was very under weight when he came to me. He loves his food and has now gained weight and now needs to find his forever home.

He has lived with young children but he is very bouncy. He shares his foster home with big and small dogs. He is micro chipped and neutered and has had his first injections.

Hadrena

01384 346903

#10 duncan

duncan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:08 PM

I have left a message for this women. but on another note at least he has a bit of fat on him the foster i have in at the mo has no fat on him at all, you can see every rib all his backbone and requires a lot of tlc poor chap.

Good luck Zeus, and why did you send "packing", dont like that phrase personally but........

#11 Joyce loxley

Joyce loxley

• Members
  • Pip
  • 42 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:24 PM

I really don't want to start another argument on this site but how on earth can you complain when you you off loaded him yourself.Your terminology alone leaves me cold as in sent him packing and got rid it says it all to me.i couldn't and I don't think the majority of people on this site would think that way.I have got one in at the moment that is hard work but we will get there to send her packing as you say would not be an option.Do you realise what it does to any animal to be placed on the magic roundabout,from one owner to another,it really does as you can gather make my blood boil,these dogs do not deserve this kind of life.

#12 duncan

duncan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1,784 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:34 PM

I cant agree with you more joyce, i myself like you have had a few in that have had me pulling my hair out but at no cost can you give up, getting the bond and connection for me speaks volumes and getting results is a job well done and also a happier dog :)

#13 kim

kim

• Members
  • Pip
  • 634 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:39 PM

I really don't want to start another argument on this site but how on earth can you complain when you you off loaded him yourself.Your terminology alone leaves me cold as in sent him packing and got rid it says it all to me.i couldn't and I don't think the majority of people on this site would think that way.I have got one in at the moment that is hard work but we will get there to send her packing as you say would not be an option.Do you realise what it does to any animal to be placed on the magic roundabout,from one owner to another,it really does as you can gather make my blood boil,these dogs do not deserve this kind of life.

HERE, HERE !!! Why would you "send him packing" or at least explain why you have passed him on to find yet another FOREVER HOME !! I don't normally put my 2penny worth in but I have to say I am really angry to read this.
Les hope poor Zeus finds someone loving and genuine real soon :-(

Kim & Co xx

#14 buddy

buddy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 05:56 PM

well said Joyce.

#15 lillysnow

lillysnow

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,395 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 06:12 PM

Totally agree with everything that has been said here. You gave up on him and now someone else has too. Poor boy. I truly hope he will soon find someone that is worthy of him and will love him like he deserves.

Sent him packing indeed :o :o :o

#16 Zoe A Daly

Zoe A Daly

• Members
  • Pip
  • 628 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:20 PM

Omg what on earth is going on here? Confused .com.

I speak as everyone else - "sent packing"?????

I am currently looking into fostering for a particular rescue organisation and I'm sure as hell that is one phrase I don't want to hear again.

This poor young lad, i hope he gets found by someone who will promise to love him forever.

#17 ellen

ellen

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,171 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:56 PM

This is what you posted in may, no word about fostering him ????

WHAT HAPPEND THAT YOU SEND HIM PACKING HIS BAG ????

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:59 PM
Thanks :) Yeah saw him on preloved (again) lol saw how thin he was and decided without consulting the OH (until later) That he would be coming to live with us , Hes an absolute joy .. Bit ignorant on lead does`nt like halti... canney collar But is adjusting was toldhe never was let off lead due to the lady worried baout him not coming back , 3rd time i let him off he decided to go play with some labs leaving me and shadow behind but he soon was back on lead great with cats/dogs/kids And yes soon I hope he will have a load more weight on him . He has major seperation follows everywhere ... has peed 2x in house and even climbed the stairs after me which even for shadow is a no no. But he is getting used to me going and coming back.

If you are that desperate make contact to get him back.

An angry
disappoint
frustrated Ellen

#18 dellybear

dellybear

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,365 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 07:59 PM

This is what you posted in may, no word about fostering him ????

WHAT HAPPEND THAT YOU SEND HIM PACKING HIS BAG ????

Posted 16 May 2012 - 08:59 PM
Thanks :) Yeah saw him on preloved (again) lol saw how thin he was and decided without consulting the OH (until later) That he would be coming to live with us , Hes an absolute joy .. Bit ignorant on lead does`nt like halti... canney collar But is adjusting was toldhe never was let off lead due to the lady worried baout him not coming back , 3rd time i let him off he decided to go play with some labs leaving me and shadow behind but he soon was back on lead great with cats/dogs/kids And yes soon I hope he will have a load more weight on him . He has major seperation follows everywhere ... has peed 2x in house and even climbed the stairs after me which even for shadow is a no no. But he is getting used to me going and coming back.

If you are that desperate make contact to get him back.

An angry
disappoint
frustrated Ellen

:ph34r:

#19 wendy

wendy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 71 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:11 PM

i agee that you dont give up on them my last dane totally trashed my house but no way would i have sent her packing sadly she died at 2yrs old totally broke myn heart she was a sod but she was my sod. i have another dane now and she has already trashed two sofas stuffing everywhere but still would not send her packing, to me its like sending your children away.

sorry i just had to have my say

#20 jeannette

jeannette

• Members
  • Pip
  • 159 posts

Posted 01 January 2013 - 08:28 PM

I feel sick at the 'sent him packing' phrase, and if I could drive I would be on my way for him NOW! poor poor baby :-(
Jen & Daisy xx