• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

#21 DeeDee

DeeDee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,722 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 04:36 PM

My mum used chappie too for our dog when we were kids :D Chicken and Rise smell OK not like the fish Chappie :wacko: yuk :D
Could be a lick spot ... you vet will tell you on your visit

Good luck and keep the pictures coming

DD & Millie

#22 buddy

buddy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 6,221 posts

Posted 05 February 2013 - 10:34 PM

My friends dane has allergies and she now feeds him - (not sure on spelling here)-
'burgess superdog sensitive'- its a complete kibble and it suits him well- no more problems- its about £23 a sack so reasonable.
Tinned chappie is something we often add to our dogs food- the fish one- they love it.

#23 LynneT

LynneT

• Members
  • Pip
  • 599 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 08:48 AM

I agree with DD. Our last dane had a dodgy tum and the vet suggested chappie chicken and rice, said it was as good as the prescription diets! Sweep lived to nearly 12yrs so it cant be all that bad! Flora has loose poos and gets worse depending what she eats. She is on Skinners salmon and riceand doing great on it. If you phone Skinners and explain to them about Lily, they will send you a bag of food to try it. They are very helpful.

Good luck and Lilly looks lovely!

#24 Lolz44

Lolz44

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 06 February 2013 - 10:43 AM

Hi guys
My name is Laura &l have gorgeous 8 month old Blue Dane called "Blue" -my kids chose the name, Iv just become a member as l was constantly worried with being a first time dog owner that lm doing everything correct so hopefully l am &of course with the help &.advice from you guys l'll have the perfect dog - well almost, thanx

#25 Flora

Flora

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 08:32 PM

Hi guys. I just wanted to resurrect this post. It's been a long time since I was here. I lost my beautiful girl on the 27th January. I am absolutely heartbroken.

Our last day together..I would write more but I'm just too upset right now.

Jess x

Attached Thumbnails

• FB_IMG_1485945751664.jpg

#26 kristal

kristal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,596 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 05:14 PM

I am so sorry, we have just lost our girl too so I really know how much pain you must be feeling.

Run free sweet girl

#27 Flora

Flora

• Members
  • Pip
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 01:11 PM

I'm so sorry, Kristal. How old was she? Lily was 8 years and 9 months. I held her in my arms while she was being euthanized. I feel traumatised by that. I think it's making things worse... I'm really not doing well. I'm hoping I will start to come to terms with it soon. At the moment I still can't believe she's gone. Do you have any tips on coping?

Jess.