• Please log in to reply
27 replies to this topic

#21 Hgillihan

Hgillihan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 176 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 07:16 PM

I bought "slip covers" for our couches, and they are working WONDERFULLY! They keep the couches protected, wash/dry easily, and even look decent if unexpected company arrives! They look much more clean/organized than the throws I used to use. Oh yeah, and about the Dane "skidders" and "dribbles,".... Don't laugh, but I've trained Wallace to wait for me to clean his backside before he comes back in the house from a poop (I keep baby wipes by the door). I know that's weird, but I couldn't take the skid marks on even his own bed, much less my couch!! ;)

#22 drools

drools

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,129 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 09:19 PM

Where did you get your slip covers? I did loads of research with limited results....price came out at circa £250 each and i would need 4 - 1 for each sofa, then 2 in the wash, so currently still making do with throws.

Carol.

#23 Beachdane

Beachdane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 24 February 2013 - 10:31 PM

I bought "slip covers" for our couches, and they are working WONDERFULLY! They keep the couches protected, wash/dry easily, and even look decent if unexpected company arrives! They look much more clean/organized than the throws I used to use. Oh yeah, and about the Dane "skidders" and "dribbles,".... Don't laugh, but I've trained Wallace to wait for me to clean his backside before he comes back in the house from a poop (I keep baby wipes by the door). I know that's weird, but I couldn't take the skid marks on even his own bed, much less my couch!! ;)

its the doggie smell that bothers me. I keep the couches covered then bring out a real couch cover when someone comes over. Lots of febreeze too.

#24 Hgillihan

Hgillihan

• Members
  • Pip
  • 176 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 04:57 AM

The website I used to order my slipcovers is http://www.stretchandcover.com
The company is called "Stretch & Cover". They are inexpensive, and they have covers for everything! They even have custom "pet covers." My love-seat slipcovers were only $30 (£20)!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Hope this helps!

#25 m lady

m lady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,576 posts

Posted 25 February 2013 - 09:58 AM

I keep the living room Dane free if possible. Furniture is for humans although they have been known to cautiously park their bums on it. I'm the same as Sandra and keep at least one room decent for visitors.Magic has her own sofa and duvet bed so isn't too bothered.

Carole x

#26 Beachdane

Beachdane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,696 posts

Posted 26 February 2013 - 03:04 AM

All this relates to the if I knew then, what I knew now---then Penelope would never have gotten on the couch, she would have been crate trained, and I would have pretended to trim her nais and fuss with her ears every single day. LIve and learn!

#27 aichawinny

aichawinny

• Members
  • Pip
  • 60 posts

Posted 03 March 2013 - 02:57 PM

This is how my sofa looks if I want to sit on it :D
Posted Image

#28 FredAndAngel

FredAndAngel

• Members
  • Pip