7 replies to this topic

#1 Sammy74

Sammy74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 254 posts

Posted 04 June 2014 - 11:24 PM

Hi,

Just wanted to put the word out about The Hampshire Pet Fair in August 2014 at Portsmouth Hampshire.

I have contacted a few GD rescues and am awaiting a response, personally reallllllyyyyyy want to see some danes represented at the show! (bias of course!!!!!!!) Heck have even out a gorgeous dane as main dog in the fairs photo! so if anyone knows 'those' involved or indeed you reading this, please check out:

www.hampshirepetfair.co.uk and/or facebook https://www.facebook...r?ref=bookmarks for details!

I personally will see anyone doing anything for dane rescue or charity at this event treated like royalty! LOL!!!! My number is 07841 660177 if anyone interested also who has doggy related business or service.... or any charity or breed club etc,.  

Thanks GD forum hope this post is ok here. x sam x x x x x x x

Attached Thumbnails

• Pet Show Picture.jpg

#2 Sammy74

Sammy74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 254 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:21 PM

NO REPLIES AT ALL!!!!!!! :(

#3 kristal

kristal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:29 PM

Sorry, we live too far away otherwise I would have loved to take our two.

#4 Hazel

Hazel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,237 posts

Posted 11 June 2014 - 12:53 PM

Agreed - we are in West Yorkshire.

Hazel

#5 LynneBob

LynneBob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 12 June 2014 - 02:09 PM

We are a "maybe" at the mo.  We live in Bournemouth so probably a couple of hours away. Depends on the weather tho   it may be scorching hot in August and its not fair to have a hot panting dane in your car for that long.

I have been on your link - looks like its going to be a fun show with plenty going on.

I will stick it on my calendar.

Lynne

#6 LynneBob

LynneBob

• Members
  • Pip
  • 171 posts

Posted 17 June 2014 - 12:52 PM

Have just realised that you can't "just turn up" with your pet, you have to "book" her in.

Sorry   won't be coming.

#7 Sammy74

Sammy74

• Members
  • Pip
  • 254 posts

Posted 25 June 2014 - 02:43 PM

Hi, 

This event is indoors and has cats, rodents, reptiles and birds, so weighing up it was decided to be less of a risk by not having members of the public inside with dogs that could be badly behaved/un vaccinated etc!   This invite on this site was a personal one from me as danes are my favourite breed and i dont seem to be getting any replies from dane rescues etc.  

Lynne Bob, Bournemouth is approx. 1 hour away from Portsmouth and still be a nice time out.  It's a pet fair not a dog show, this event , dog and cat and many other rescues will be raising awareness and money for there own breeds as well as displays and businesses showcasing there pet related items.  Im just gutted danes wont be there. Even having enquiries from people who want to come and see danes from website and Im having to reply no. :-( 

#8 greatdanelady

greatdanelady

• Members
  • Pip
  • 181 posts

Posted 12 August 2014 - 09:23 AM

I could go as not far from me and I have the same colour dane as on the front of your leaflet.