• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

#1 andy & tracy

andy & tracy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 06:45 PM

Hi my name is star and would just like to say hello to every one im 11 weeks old today,xxx  

Attached Thumbnails

• 20150805_073042.jpg

#2 andy & tracy

andy & tracy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 07:06 PM

Hi, I live in mirfield west Yorkshire, is there any one living nearby me ?

#3 frosty april

frosty april

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,037 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 10:00 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum,,,,you will find it very informative and helpfull ...Star is a beauty.
Good luck and enjoy the forum.

Lizzi April and Alfie
Xxx

#4 DeeDee

DeeDee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,730 posts

Posted 15 August 2015 - 10:49 PM

Hi welcome to the forum
Star is beautiful him/her :)
Keep the pictures coming

Loads on the forum who live up north
Hopefully they will come on and introduce themselves
Im right down south :)

Diana x

#5 Beckyy

Beckyy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 16 August 2015 - 09:12 PM

Hello!

Beautiful pictures, welcome to the forum :)

#6 Hazel

Hazel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,237 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 07:08 AM

Hello and welcome :)

We are in the Upper Calder Valley, so not a million miles from you.

Hazel

#7 drools

drools

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,125 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 01:23 PM

Hi and welcome to forum Star. Welcome mum & dad too! You are gorgeous and very clever to be able to type your own posts. Amy just uses the keyboard as a pillow.

We are not too far away in Barnsley. Once you are old enough to go on walks we can arrange a GD meet at Pugney Country Park in Wakefield so you will get to meet lots of new friends.

Enjoy the forum and lots of pics please.

Carol, Pete, Sasha and Amy

#8 DozyDanes

DozyDanes

• Members
  • Pip
  • 460 posts

Posted 17 August 2015 - 08:01 PM

Wouldn't I like to stick you between two slabs of bread beetroot and salad cream just so I could munch you????

Star you are one hell of a lookerXXXXX

#9 andy & tracy

andy & tracy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 07:06 AM

hello again,

thank you for making me feel welcome, im trying to take so more picks but my daddy keeps taking his phone off me and giving me my toys its not fair. hmmmmmm

im going now as im getting tired its soooooo hard work all this playing. love to you all star xxxx

#10 GETRAD

GETRAD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 18 August 2015 - 03:10 PM

Welcome Star what a beauty you are. We are it New Brighton, Wirral...great beach and fields for walkies xx

#11 Katiew146

Katiew146

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 19 August 2015 - 05:06 PM

image.jpg

Hi all

This is our puppy Skye who will be joining us on the 7th Sept :)

#12 Mel19822000

Mel19822000

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 01:13 AM

Hey. I'm wanting to get a dane. I have my heart set on a (pref) boy, not fussy what colour, but not keen on a puppy. def want a dog. I've seen some on here I would take in a heartbeat I'm in barnsley s.y. and I pretty much tick all the boxes for adoption/fostering. But I have no experience with dogs. I have a cat I have kids and a mister. But never had a dog. I really don't want anything unless it's a dane. I've done enough research to pref want a neutured/spayed and the staple thingy to prevent bloat. Pretty much eating, exercise, sleeping, leash, vet bills, holidays that allow dogs (I won't EVER use kennels, my dog my responsibility, I wouldn't put my kids in care, I won't do it to my dog)any comments I'll try to read as constructive advice. I have babysat a dane for a fortnight and fell in love. I grew up with labs, and I'm a stay at home mum, school runs and shopping are my outings. So dog wouldn't be left alone for long twenty mins half hour max if ever

#13 kristal

kristal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 02:42 PM

Hi

If you want an older Dane then perhaps your best bet would be to contact one of the rescues (details at top of page).

If you are honest with them about your experience (or lack of) actually owning a dog they will be able to use their experience and knowledge to advise you and decide whether they would be able to help you, I know you say you have looked after a Dane for a couple of weeks but they are not all the same and some can be rather challenging.

The thing to remember about a Dane is that everything is bigger .......not only the love but the food bills, vet bills, insurance premiums, bedding, your car and even your sofas but also the behavoural problems if they occur.

You sound as if you have done some homework and I don't want to put you off your decision but they are not all "gentle giants" so the more information and reading you can do the better.

Good Luck