3 replies to this topic

#1 AYR70N

AYR70N

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 12 June 2016 - 07:56 AM

HI,

We are looking to go away at the end of August/beginning of September, and would like to hear from anyone who can recommend holiday accommodation/kennels for our 10 month old Great Dane dog called Senna. We live in Leeds, West Yorkshire, and will travel within 60 mile radius to ensure he is looked after whilst we are away.

Thanks

Mark

#2 kristal

kristal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,614 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 06:55 AM

Hi

Unfortunately Danes do not do well in kennels, as you probably already know they like to be close to their humans so a kennel environment can be very stressful for them ...........perhaps check out Animal Angels, I now several people on here have used them and they have been very happy with their service.

Good luck

#3 janiemer

janiemer

• Members
  • Pip
  • 186 posts

Posted 13 June 2016 - 11:05 AM

Some Danes do not do well in kennels but it is not a rule of thumb.  We have always kennelled all our dogs (on our second Dane) with no issues at all.  Please do not feel guilty about leaving them, they are much more adaptable than you realise. 

I can recommend a very good kennels that are very Dane experienced and have regular visits from multiple danes.  It is just outside of Northampton which may be too far for you but if you would like their name send me a message.  The original owner of the kennels (long retired) used to breed Danes and they have extra large kennels

#4 drools

drools

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,127 posts

Posted 21 June 2016 - 04:22 PM

I use Animal Angels and Carole (Grant) my AA sitter only left this morning :D She is fab and I know other forum members specify her as their sitter. Amy loves her and drove me mad this morning as she paced the hall way because Carole had left and Amy wanted to go with her :rolleyes:

AA aren't cheap but you know your beloved is left in capable and experienced hands.

All AA sitters are home checked, insured, and if something occurs and your sitter has to cancel or taken ill, etc. AA guarantee a replacement.

***** recommended.

Carol, Pete & Amy

Also tagged with one or more of these keywords: Holiday