• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Heatha

Heatha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 31 January 2017 - 12:33 PM

I thought I ought to introduce myself. I suddenly found myself the proud owner of a blue Great Dane, Jupiter, in late September 2016. He was almost two and a half years old and joined my second generation Labradoodle, Breagh.

I came across this forum while trying to find information on suitable Great Dane fillings for Kongs !

Thank you for all the good advice, for just about Kongs.

IMG_5967 x.jpg

IMG_5971.JPG

#2 kristal

kristal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 09:58 AM

Hello & Welcome

What a handsome boy you have there and it looks like he gets on well with his new companion.

Basically I stuff my Danes kongs with anything that is safe for them to eat ...... a portion of their daily food, sausages, carrots, tripe sticks etc, etc ....... I don't think there is any hard & fast rule of what you should put in them, if you can stuff it in there and it keeps them occupied for a while then it's ok with me (and them).

#3 Heatha

Heatha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 01 February 2017 - 10:42 PM

Thanks, Kristal. I'm using kibble and peanut butter at bedtime to keep him quiet overnight. He needs that last minute tiring out to help him sleep through the night without attention seeking ! During the day, like you, it's anything he can't get out too easily.

#4 frosty april

frosty april

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,037 posts

Posted 05 February 2017 - 09:51 PM

Hello and welcome to the forum,

Enjoy.
I'm Lizzie with April.
Xx

#5 Heatha

Heatha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 06 February 2017 - 09:38 AM

Hello Lizzie. April is beautiful :) xx

#6 frosty april

frosty april

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,037 posts

Posted 07 February 2017 - 10:08 AM

Bless you thank you for that, but this is or should I say was Alfie, Aprils fur brother, (rescue)
Sadly Sir Alfred Pudding Face went to the bridge last Dec,,, suddenly with bloat.

We now only have our poppet April, don't know how to up load on here any more, I used to use PB but it's all changed.
Anyone any easy ideas how to post photos...I've been on here for nearly ten years! Lol

Lizzi and April
Xx

#7 Heatha

Heatha

• Members
  • Pip
  • 5 posts

Posted 09 February 2017 - 11:47 AM

Hello Lizzie,

If you select 'More reply Options' next to the 'Post' button, then in the bottom left of the screen select 'Choose Files ....' and select a photo to upload. Once it has uploaded select 'Add to Post'. It will appear as a line of text but when you post it an image will appear, I hope !

I'm just putting my words into action and trying to post a photo of Jupiter with my friend's dog, Bailey. If I'm successful you will know that this works. The only problem is that the photo is on its side ! xx

IMG_5923.JPG