6 replies to this topic

#1 sandra

sandra

• Members
  • Pip
  • 361 posts

Posted 02 April 2017 - 08:21 PM

We had to say goodbye to Denzil on Friday

Denzil took ill back in November and he spent several months going backwards and forwards  to Bristol hospital for tests, first they thought it was his heart and then they did tests for cancer and everything kept coming back negative but his symptoms were getting worse he was finding it hard to breathe kept choking and being sick, his back legs were becoming weak January they eventually found out what was wrong  laryngeal paralysis which were the same nerve endings that was affecting his back legs.

We made lots of changes in the house no strong cleaners,kept the house cool and kept him as calm as possible which at times was really hard. The vet at the hospital said there was nothing we could do as the tie back op wasn't an option as he kept regurgitating every time he went under anesthetic 

Once we knew what was wrong we just had to make his life as comfortable as possible he had lots of good days where you wouldn't think there was anything wrong and then would come the bad days where it would start in the early hours in the morning and he would perk up by lunch time.

Through the last couple of months I have been in contact with his vet at the hospital and she has given me honest advice when we would need to make the decision, and last week  the warm weather set it all off again and he was finding it really hard to get over his episode.

Thursday was the worse episode and he was so tired and he just couldn't fight it anymore and it was the hardest thing i had to do so many times he just bounced back but he just couldn't this time and I knew it was time.

My heart is breaking and I miss him so much pippa is missing him too she keeps wandering around looking for him.

Its Pippas birthday tomorrow and she will be 13 so I know i have to try and be strong for her as she is getting really frail now.

Sweet dreams Denzil Dane mummy loves you xx

#2 kimscot

kimscot

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,650 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 03:36 PM

So so sorry for your loss..

Run Free Denzil

Forever loved

Kim xx

#3 Hazel

Hazel

• Members
  • Pip
  • 8,237 posts

Posted 03 April 2017 - 04:03 PM

Very sorry to read this.

Run free, Denzil.

Hazel

#4 DeeDee

DeeDee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,738 posts

Posted 04 April 2017 - 06:05 PM

So sorry for your loss
Thoughts are with you

Run Free Denzil x

Diana x

#5 kristal

kristal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,629 posts

Posted 06 April 2017 - 08:20 AM

I am so very sorry.

Run free sweet Denzil.

#6 frosty april

frosty april

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,056 posts

Posted 11 April 2017 - 10:05 AM

Run free Denzil,, I'm so sorry to read yet another beautiful Dane has passed to the bridge..
Sounds quite a battle he put up.
At peace now.

Big hugs,
Love lizzi and April
Xxxxx

#7 GETRAD

GETRAD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 63 posts

Posted 12 April 2017 - 09:27 PM

The moment that steals your strength and takes your breath. so sorry for you.

Run free Denzil, 

So loved