2 replies to this topic

#1 Karalynndee

Karalynndee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 May 2017 - 08:20 AM

Hi there,

I used to be a member of the forum a number of years ago when I first got my great dane Minnie.  We moved to Dubai 5 years ago so I haven't been online much since then but I'm having a few problems with her heath so thought I'd get back in touch :)

Minnie is 7 years old next month and has started wetting on a daily basis despite regular toilet breaks.  It seems to be mostly when she's relaxed and often napping, so it mainly happens in her bed.  It can happen two or three times a day even after she's just been walked.

I plan on taking her to the vet this weekend but thought I'd ask for advice from the forum first as I've found the vets over here aren't particularly experienced with large breeds and also because Minnie HATES the vets after having to stay in for a couple of days when she was a pup and contracted ecoli.  If there's any home remedies I can try over the next few days or any lifestyle changes that may help please do let me know.

Minnie was spayed after her first season at around 1 year old (I think from memory).

Thanks in advance!

#2 kristal

kristal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,612 posts

Posted 20 May 2017 - 09:13 AM

Hi

I don't know about any natural remedies for this but I have had the same problem with an older female Dane and she was put on Propalin syrup which worked very well.

I hope you manage to get the problem sorted, good luck.

#3 Karalynndee

Karalynndee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 21 May 2017 - 02:55 PM

Hi Kristal,

Thanks for the suggestion, I'll give it a try.