• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 bigcheese

bigcheese

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 03 December 2017 - 04:05 PM

I have a 2 1/2 year old harlequin..He has always been ribby since we rescued him...he gets  2 1/2 hours walk a day...

He has recently lost of couple of kilos and although we have upped his feed it hasn't made a difference apart from the size of his poos

He is fit and healthy but has always had loose stools and we have tried various different feeds... he is allergic to chicken so we have been feeding him Arden grange sensitive,chappie and lots of fresh veggies..

Any suggestions would be most welcome007.JPG

#2 Beckyy

Beckyy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 08:07 AM

Hi Bigcheese, 

That is quite a lot of exercise each day,has he always had this much? Has he had other allergy testing done to see if there is anything else which could be causing him tummy troubles? 

#3 bigcheese

bigcheese

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 06 December 2017 - 01:35 PM

Hi Becky,

He has had allergy testing..just the chicken...we have had him a year and always walked him that much,except when it gets hot...he loves his walks.

I do not let him run on anything other than grass or sand..Might start adding some raw mince to his lunch time to bulk him up a bit

#4 Beckyy

Beckyy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,601 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 08:21 AM

If you're concerned I would get a check at the vets, just to put your mind at rest. Tripe is  very good for helping weight gain if you don't mind the smell!

#5 bigcheese

bigcheese

• Members
  • Pip
  • 23 posts

Posted 07 December 2017 - 02:45 PM

Thanks Beckyy