• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 MikeD

MikeD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 638 posts

Posted 10 January 2018 - 01:08 PM

Still it could be worse. One of her front legs is swollen near her shoulder, and with her history of MCT we thought it might be bone cancer but that has been ruled out.

She is responding well to Previcox but I am concerned about long term effects as she has always had a delicate stomach.

We will try her on Yumove and see how it goes. The vet said lead walks only from now on, which is a shame. Saffy is eight and a half but still enjoys the occasional zoomie.

Mike

#2 Vee414

Vee414

• Members
  • Pip
  • 33 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 04:29 PM

Sorry to read this.

My 8 month old pup was given Previcox a while back and it didn't agree with him at all (although it was better than Metacam) but he was really young, so fingers crossed for Saffy.

#3 MikeD

MikeD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 638 posts

Posted 12 January 2018 - 10:19 PM

Our previous Dane Tigger had a very bad reaction to Metacam and as a result of that we had her put to sleep. Also I have had stomach ulcers after taking NSAIDs, hence our concern for Saffy.

On the plus side, she loves the Yumove tablets so we can give them to her as treats.

Mike

#4 Beachdane

Beachdane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,699 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 12:07 AM

Penelope has taken previcox with no bad side effects so far. She took Rimadyl for a while as well but I was to,d previcox was easier on the stomach. Her appetite is the same as always, she eats everything , not picky at all.

#5 Beckyy

Beckyy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,603 posts

Posted 13 January 2018 - 10:32 PM

We used to buy Yumove via amazon subscribe and save for Duke. If you put 5 individual items on a months order you get 15% off. 

I hope Saffy carries on responding well!

#6 MikeD

MikeD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 638 posts

Posted 15 January 2018 - 12:50 PM

We used to buy Yumove via amazon subscribe and save for Duke. If you put 5 individual items on a months order you get 15% off. 

I hope Saffy carries on responding well!

That's good to know, thanks.

I do wish they would make large tablets for large dogs. They have trouble keeping these tiny things in their mouth.

Mike