• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 AnthonyF

AnthonyF

• Members
  • Pip
  • 1 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 07:45 AM

As my dog gets older, I want to be prepared if something were to happen. I'd like to get insurance for her so I was wondering if I could get an idea of how much it would be it, i checked http://www.justmoney.../pet-insurance/ Healthy Paw cost you around $38/mo . Im not sure if all her info is used like human insurance is but here- Shes a lab border collie mix, shes about 52 pounds, and shes about 7 or 8 years old. Any ideas?

#2 bigcheese

bigcheese

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 31 January 2018 - 03:14 PM

My 2 1/2 year old Dane's insurance is £44 a month for £4000 a year lifetime cover..there are so many varieties to choose from and various amounts covered.....maybe pick something mid-range would be beneficial...depends on your financial circumstances

#3 kristal

kristal

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,635 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 10:21 PM

Hi

I see that you are in USA, most people on here are from UK so it would be difficult to advise you on insurance because the companies are different.

Personally I would never be without insurance for my dogs but you may have left it a little late to take out a policy now if your dog is older because a lot of companies won't give cover above a certain age .....plus they won't cover any existing conditions.

Good luck

#4 MikeD

MikeD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 641 posts

Posted 07 February 2018 - 12:40 PM

My 2 1/2 year old Dane's insurance is £44 a month for £4000 a year lifetime cover..there are so many varieties to choose from and various amounts covered.....maybe pick something mid-range would be beneficial...depends on your financial circumstances

I remember those days fondly. Saffy is coming up to 9 years old and we're paying £220 a month ...

We can't switch because of her existing conditions but we get £7k a year lifetime cover.

Mike

#5 bigcheese

bigcheese

• Members
  • Pip
  • 27 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 03:38 PM

My word £220 a month.....damn..thought my Dane was expensive to keep

#6 MikeD

MikeD

• Members
  • Pip
  • 641 posts

Posted 15 February 2018 - 12:46 PM

My word £220 a month.....damn..thought my Dane was expensive to keep

To be fair to the insurers, they paid out nearly £15k in one 12 month period ...

Mike