• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Sweetsaffron

Sweetsaffron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,967 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 10:16 AM

We lost our stormy just before Christmas, lost our saffie three years ago. We have two smaller dogs a Male aged 3 and a female aged 10 not Danes. We are thinking of getting a puppy but to be honest we always said we would rescue. However pickle our elderly girl will accept puppies into the pack very easily she will not accept older dogs coming in. I would like to apply to the rescues but feel that asking for a puppy is being cheeky, we will happily buy a pup but of course would rather rescue one. Does anyone know if this is ok to ask for or will the rescues be offended, I would hate that. Im not trying to get a puppy on the cheap at all and Im worried thats what they will think. Help

Caren

#2 frosty april

frosty april

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,080 posts

Posted 24 February 2018 - 08:56 PM

I'm Sure that if you explained your situation they would be grateful of any new owner, although I've never heard of puppies in rescue, maybe six months old, but I think it's rare to find a really young one.
Whatever I wish you luck in your quest, I'm sure all will turn out in the end in your favour.

Lizzi and April
Xx

#3 martinafinn

martinafinn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 12:15 PM

Hi,
Where are you based, I'm based near windsor in Berkshire. I have 10 beautiful black dane pups that are almost 5 weeks old. Their poor mother has had a very hard time since the birth, she has just had her 3rd surgery. The first surgery was to remove the last pup which unfortunately was dead, about a week later her stitches burst and we had a very traumatic trip to the vet with my poor girls intestines hanging out. Last week her back leg tendons burst, she's just had major surgery with TV supervet and must be walked with a sling for the next few weeks. Anyway the pups have been completely weaned just over a week ago. We are looking for dane experienced homes for these beautifully marked black pups and we will let the girls go to a dane experienced home that promises not to breed them for a reduced rate. (We did not intend to breed our girl, our male dog has just turned one) I know we're not a rescue but our pups need loving dane homes. We have 4 girls and 6 boys. Some of them are almost entirely black and some have a few white toes and white chest and little white patches under their chins. The mother is a beautiful black girl and the father is a very handsome fawn boy.

#4 Sweetsaffron

Sweetsaffron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,967 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 07:28 PM

So sorry to hear about your girl. Hope she is ok x we aren’t sure what we are doing now, my father has just passed away.

#5 martinafinn

martinafinn

• Members
  • Pip
  • 41 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 11:42 AM

So sorry for your loss. I hope your dogs bring you comfort.

#6 sharon

sharon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,358 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 07:40 AM

Caren, I cant see any reason why you can't ask for a rescue puppy for the reason you state. It's to ensure that the dog is accepted by the existing dogs so the rescue should accept this.

Good luck with your hunt x