• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

#1 Beachdane

Beachdane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 04:34 AM

How do you write that your Dane is gone ? It just seems so unreal. Penelope developed a lump on her leg, right front leg, in September We suspected the worst right away. She didn't limp until December and just two weeks ago we knew it was time to let her go. I didn't realize Danes were prone to bone cancer. I always worried about bloat. Penelope was our first Great Dane and she took over our house, our couch, our boat, our kitchen and our hearts. We had no idea how much we would love her. This group helped me through some of the puppy stages when I was completely clueless, she was quite headstrong, she loved the beach, really loved the boat,, never liked the car, and was very picky about who she chose to let pet her. She loved to bark and everyone knew her. We will miss her horribly. To the best Merle girl ever .......... she was 6 and a half. The years went by way too fast.

#2 Manwithabeard

Manwithabeard

• Members
  • Pip
  • 707 posts

Posted 25 February 2018 - 12:32 PM

Sorry for your loss. 

We lost a Dane to bone cancer a few years ago. Heartbreaking. 

#3 DeeDee

DeeDee

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3,741 posts

Posted 26 February 2018 - 10:06 AM

Im so sorry bless her :(
Thought are with you , such sad time for you both.
They take such a big part of your heart.

Run free beautiful girl.. now pain free

Diana xxx

#4 Vee414

Vee414

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 28 February 2018 - 01:43 PM

So very sorry for your loss, far too soon.  

Vanessa

#5 frosty april

frosty april

• Members
  • Pip
  • 10,069 posts

Posted 01 March 2018 - 04:40 PM

I'm so very sorry to hear your loss of Penelope, I've followed you since you joined the site.
Her antics at the gate loving her boat rides....I like you always worried about bloat and sadly yes that's what Alfie died of. But April,,,well she has more lumps than I care to mention...
Run free Penelope much loved, much missed.

God bless.
Far too young,
Love lizzi and April
Xxx

#6 Elaine short

Elaine short

• Members
  • Pip
  • 11 posts

Posted 02 March 2018 - 09:36 AM

So sorry to hear the sad news. I've only been a member for nearly 2 years now but have read so many of your post about the antics of your beautiful and much loved Penelope. Thinking of you. Elaine...Oscar and Alice

#7 Beachdane

Beachdane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 17 March 2018 - 02:24 AM

Thank you everyone. Just a note. We loved Penelope so much and Great Danes so much that we have put a deposit on a blue male Great Dane puppy. He is only a week old now. It is to Penelope's wonderful love of life that makes of want another Dane. We could not get another Merle . We have already had the best Merle girl ever. And we decided to go with a male.

#8 Vee414

Vee414

• Members
  • Pip
  • 37 posts

Posted 19 March 2018 - 03:50 PM

Beachdane, that's lovely news.  Penelope can never be replaced.  I hope that your new boy brings you much joy.

Vanessa

#9 Sweetsaffron

Sweetsaffron

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,966 posts

Posted 22 March 2018 - 06:07 PM

Beautiful Penelope. We won’t forget her, she was beautiful. Maybe she has met up with storm and saffie xx

#10 Beckyy

Beckyy

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,607 posts

Posted 24 March 2018 - 10:53 PM

I'm just catching up, so very sorry to hear about Penelope - I remembered following from when she was a pup. They leave a very big hole.

I hope your boy brings you lots of happiness!

#11 Beachdane

Beachdane

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,707 posts

Posted 27 March 2018 - 01:51 AM

Beautiful Penelope. We won’t forget her, she was beautiful. Maybe she has met up with storm and saffie xx

. I am sure they are having a wonderful time together