• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 Ronnieandreggiesmum

Ronnieandreggiesmum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 05 March 2018 - 09:05 PM

Please can someone help! My boy Reggie 19 Months cut his right ear tip around 6 months ago whilst play fighting with my other dane Ronnie. Nothing major just que blood splats on everything possible! After 2 weeks it's was still loosing a bit of blood so off we went to the vets. They prescribed anti biotics and an ear drop. Still no improvement after 2 weeks so another load of of tablets and ear drops...this has now been the situation ever since! We have tried tights on head, creams, pressure and everything else you can think of but it still carries on.

I have take him to 2 different vets now and all they want to do is keep giving antibiotics even though there is no sign of infection; no redness or swelling or discharge..just a patch of skin smaller than a 5p coin that will not heal!

The house is a complete right off..blood splats in places you wouldn't think possible and it's everywhere..my house looks like a murder scene..v

My poor boy is so fed and his mum is too 😔

Any advice would be great! Thank you

#2 bigcheese

bigcheese

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 01:49 PM

Poor Pup...have you tried zinc and castor oil cream?

#3 Ronnieandreggiesmum

Ronnieandreggiesmum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 06 March 2018 - 04:50 PM

Yes I gave that a bash a few weeks ago now no such luck unfortunately. I know from previous threads on here that they are notorious to heal but 6 months?!? I'm just worried that the skin is now dead so is unable to heal..

Completely lost faith in the vets now to be honest...around £550 spent on not needed meds and still no let up! Think they see £££ signs when they see a dane come through the door! As we all know meds are x5 the quantities x5 the price!

#4 bigcheese

bigcheese

• Members
  • Pip
  • 30 posts

Posted 07 March 2018 - 12:59 PM

Oh I agree..my dane has a lump on one of his pads on the front right paw...We took him to vet and they had him in twice a week for 6 weeks to bathe and wrap the foot....still not settled down..thank god for the insurance

#5 sharon

sharon

• Members
  • Pip
  • 4,358 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 07:42 AM

You can get a liquid skin to paint on. It does sting but does work x

#6 Ronnieandreggiesmum

Ronnieandreggiesmum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 06:43 PM

I've not tried that one Sharon..ive just googled it - is it the germolene one for humans so to speak?

#7 Ronnieandreggiesmum

Ronnieandreggiesmum

• Members
  • Pip
  • 22 posts

Posted 08 March 2018 - 06:46 PM

Unfortunately I made a serious school girl error and did not insure him! Don't ask me why when I have always done my other Danes..a very expensive lesson learnt that is for sure!

#8 drools

drools

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2,130 posts

Posted 14 March 2018 - 06:11 PM

Hi

I have also used the liquid skin but can't remember what brand.

Carol