No replies to this topic

#1 jongri

jongri

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 08 April 2018 - 09:48 PM

Isabella,Jessica&Sammy (Large).jpg Hi fellow Great Dane owners from UK,

I was born in Brooklyn, New York and currently live in New Castle, Delaware, U.S.. I've had 11 gorgeous AKC Great Danes including 2 rescue

Great Danes since 1993. I've had as many as 4 AKC Great Danes at once for several years. I've owned & bred both Sire & Dam of 2 AKC liters  

21 Great Dane pups in total 1998 (10 pups), 2000 (11 pups). My last rescue Fawn female Great Dane had to be put down at 13.1 years old

May of 2016 (R.I.P.).

It actually took me 1.5 years to finally realize I need to have another Great Dane in my life to be happy. So on November 3, 2017 I purchased

my first 8 week old AKC Champion sired mantle male Great Dane pup from an AKC Breeder of Merit I named Buddy. Currently Buddy is a sweet,

loving, intelligent 123.9 pounds (56.2 kg) and growing puppy. Unfortunately, Buddy has a wonky looking right eye and has already had to have

2 expensive Cherry Eye surgeries and will require at least 1 more right eye surgery to repair his eye's abnormal, scrolled Third Eyelid cartilage.

It figures he's the first AKC Champion sired Great Dane pup I've ever purchased out of the 12 AKC Great Danes I've owned, and the only one

that has eye problems. The good news is that his eye problem is unilateral (right eye only) his left eye is normal per Veterinary Ophthalmologist.  

I've posted a thread on this forum under eye problems to detail his right eye surgeries for any other Great Dane owners here that may be facing similar eye issues with their pups now or in future. 

Despite his current wonky looking right eye Buddy is a great puppy that will probably end up being Buddy 8 weeks with Ana.JPG 36" (91.44cm) tall at the withers & Buddy 8 weeks with Ana.JPG Buddy 9 weeks old trying steps.JPG Buddy 7 months 124 pounds.JPG 200 lbs. (91.7 kg.)